March Madness Miniature Peppers
Submitted by Rose Muccio, published in Taste of Home February 2012
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 Miniature sweet red peppers
- 4 ounce(s) Ground turkey
- 1/2 cup(s) Finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove(s) Garlic
- 1 can(s) (15 oz) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) Cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- Cut and reserve tops off peppers; remove seeds. If necessary, cut thin slices from pepper bottoms to level.; set aside peppers.
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup tomato sauce, rice, cheeses, and seasonings; spoon into peppers. Place upright in a greased 11-in x 7-in baking dish. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over peppers; replace pepper tops. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until heated through and peppers are crisp-tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
March Madness Miniature Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables