Marbleized Flourless Chocolate Torte
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 9 Hours
- 1 (4-ounce) white chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Praline Topping
- Crème Chantilly
- Place white chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Stir in extract. Pour into a small bowl; cool. Beat in 1 egg with an electric mixer until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Meanwhile, place 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, 1/4 cup butter, and coffee in top of double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Pour into a medium bowl, and cool. Beat in 4 eggs, 1 at a time, with an electric mixer until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Pour semisweet chocolate mixture into a greased and aluminum foil-lined 8-inch springform pan. Drop white chocolate mixture by tablespoonfuls over semisweet chocolate layer; gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until torte begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Cut a 24- x 1 1/2-inch strip of wax paper. Set aside.
- Place 1 cup chocolate morsels in top of double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; cool 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture reaches 90°, stirring occasionally. Spread tempered chocolate in a very thin layer over wax paper strip. Wrap chocolate ribbon around sides of chilled cake, paper side out. Let stand 15 minutes or until chocolate ribbon is firm. Carefully remove wax paper.
- Fold 1 cup Praline Topping into Crème Chantilly; serve with cake. Store torte and crème in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Marbleized Flourless Chocolate Torte Recipe at a Glance