These turned out just okay. They stuck to the pan even though I greased it like instructed; I also think there is too much sugar in the recipe. Also, this made a more "fudgy" brownie than I'm used to. Perhaps with some tweaking of the sugar and flour amounts it will turn out better and not be so sticky. The flavor was delicious though, so I will be trying it again with some changes.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
Yield: Makes 4 dozen
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 1 (4-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in flour. Spread half of batter into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 3. Beat softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg yolk, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Dollop cream cheese mixture over brownie batter in pan. Dollop with remaining brownie batter, and swirl together using a paring knife.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies