- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (17 1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Tomato-Basil Sauce
How to Make It
Cut corn kernels from cobs, scraping to remove milk.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add corn, bell peppers, and onion; sauté 8 minutes or until corn is almost tender. Stir in flour, sugar, salt, and pepper. Gradually add cream, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Roll puff pastry to an 11 1/2- x 10 1/2-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; cut into 32 circles with a 3 1/4-inch round cutter.
Spoon 2 tablespoons corn mixture in center of each pastry circle; fold circles in half, and crimp edges with a fork to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
Stir together egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water; brush over pastry.
Bake at 450° for 10 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve pies with Tomato-Basil Sauce.