Maque Choux Midwest Style
Tradional Creole side dish of corn, tomatoes, onions and green peppers. I like to call it smothered corn because if you cook it right, it's all melted together, flavors and ingredients, into an irresistible deliciousness.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 slice(s) bacon diced
- 1/3 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh garlic minced
- 2 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 can(s) stewed tomatoes chop tomatoes coarsely
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- Melt butter in 8" skillet. Add bacon, onion and celery; sauté over medium-high until just starting to brown. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to pan. Bring to a nice simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for at least 20 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste with more salt, pepper or cayenne as needed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cheflinda and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note