Maque Choux Midwest Style
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 slice(s) bacon diced
- 1/3 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh garlic minced
- 2 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 can(s) stewed tomatoes chop tomatoes coarsely
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- Melt butter in 8" skillet. Add bacon, onion and celery; sauté over medium-high until just starting to brown. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to pan. Bring to a nice simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for at least 20 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste with more salt, pepper or cayenne as needed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cheflinda and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note