My husband and I love this dish. Easy to make and very tasty. I always add the pork to the dish to make it a "main dish". I've made it with frozen corn and it was just as good. I only use half a jalapeno as a whole one is a bit too spicy for our taste.
This Louisiana favorite (pronounced "mock shoe") is delicious on its own or topped with barbecued pork.
More From Southern Living
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1. Sauté onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño pepper in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in corn, tomatoes, and seasoning; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note