- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
How to Make It
Cut off tips of corn kernels into a bowl; using a knife, scrape milk and remaining pulp from corncob into bowl. Set aside.
Combine oil and butter in a large skillet; heat until butter melts. Add corn, tomato, and remaining ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring often.