Use Bosc or red Bartlett pears for this recipe. They hold their shape well when cooked. Peel and cut pears just before cooking to prevent discoloration.
More From Oxmoor House
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 49.1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 44mg
- Calories: 236
- Protein: 2.6g
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Calcium: 73mg
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 firm pears, peeled, cored and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup vanilla fat-free ice cream
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over low heat; add oil. Increase heat to medium-high. Place pear halves, cut sides down, in pan. Cook 3 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium; add maple syrup and brown sugar. Cook 6 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in nuts.
- To serve, place 2 pear halves on each of 4 dessert plates; drizzle each evenly with syrup mixture. Top each with 1/4 cup ice cream. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note