Maple Sweet Potato Cups
Swing by the freezer section for one of our favorite convenience items—frozen sweet potatoes. If you want to skip the meringue in Step 2, top with miniature marshmallows instead.
More From Southern Living
Total: 39 Minutes
- 2 (24-oz.) packages frozen steam-and-mash sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, cut up
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Steam potatoes according to package directions. Mash together sweet potatoes and next 5 ingredients. Spoon mixture into 8 (6-oz.) custard cups. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread meringue over sweet potato mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: We tested with Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash Cut Sweet Potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note