Maple Sweet Potato Cups
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Southern Living
Total: 39 Minutes
- 2 (24-oz.) packages frozen steam-and-mash sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, cut up
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Steam potatoes according to package directions. Mash together sweet potatoes and next 5 ingredients. Spoon mixture into 8 (6-oz.) custard cups. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread meringue over sweet potato mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: We tested with Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash Cut Sweet Potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables