Maple-Sweet Potato Casserole
A ricer is a kitchen utensil that resembles a large garlic press. Pressing the potatoes through it removes the stringy portion, leaving them smooth and fluffy.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 28 Minutes
- 7 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 7 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Bring sweet potatoes, salt, and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Boil 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Mash potatoes, or press though a ricer; stir in butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Top evenly with marshmallows, and bake 8 more minutes or until marshmallows are puffed and golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note