Yield: Makes 2 to 3 servings
- 3 to 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet cooking rice wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Bring ribs and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Drain. Place ribs in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Stir together maple syrup and next 5 ingredients; pour over ribs.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- Grilled Maple Spareribs: Boil ribs as directed; drain. Prepare fire by piling charcoal or lava rocks on 1 side of grill, leaving other side empty. Coat rack with cooking spray, and place on grill. Arrange ribs over empty side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Kikkoman Aji-Mirin Sweet Cooking Rice Wine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes