- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sake (rice wine) or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 232
- fat 9.1 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 3.6 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 23.4 g
- carbohydrate 11.9 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 436 mg
- calcium 25 mg
How to Make It
Pierce steak gently on both sides. Combine steak and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish; turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade. Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Pour marinade into a small skillet; bring to a boil, stirring well. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
Brush steak with half of glaze; broil 5 minutes. Turn steak over, and brush with remaining glaze; broil 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.