Five stars for its simplicity and bold flavor. Added lots of extra sriracha and some thai chiles. Served with coconut brown rice and the silky sesame cucumbers. I have made this many times and will continue to do so.
Maple and Soy-Glazed Flank Steak
Make use of a budget-friendly cut of meat by marinating in a rich Asian marinade, which serves double-duty in this recipe. Serve this flank steak recipe with a cold cucumber salad for a complete meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 436mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sake (rice wine) or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Pierce steak gently on both sides. Combine steak and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish; turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3. Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade. Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Pour marinade into a small skillet; bring to a boil, stirring well. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- 4. Brush steak with half of glaze; broil 5 minutes. Turn steak over, and brush with remaining glaze; broil 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note