These are wonderful. To answer some questions and problems.. Step 1. Sticky bun syrup is placed in prepared pan and in Step 4, the cut rolls are placed on top of it. The Maple Glaze is put on top of baked rolls in Step 6 along with the chopped nuts. As far as nutritional content..These are sticky buns ... One of life's little indulges!
Maple-Pecan Sticky Buns
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Sticky Bun Syrup
- 1 (16-oz.) package hot roll mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple Glaze
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1. Lightly grease 2 (8-inch) round or square cake pans or skillets. Spoon Sticky Bun Syrup into pans.
- 2. Prepare hot roll dough as directed on back of package; let dough stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Roll dough into an 18- x 10-inch rectangle. Spread with melted butter. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter.
- 4. Roll dough up tightly, starting at 1 long end; cut into 16 slices using a serrated knife. Place 1 slice in center of each prepared pan. Place 7 slices around center roll in each pan.
- 5. Cover pans loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 6. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover rolls, and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and done. Cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Prepare Maple Glaze, and brush over rolls. Top with toasted pecans.
- TRY THIS TWIST! Apple-Cinnamon Sticky Rolls: Peel and chop 2 Granny Smith apples (about 3 cups chopped). Place apples in a small microwave-safe bowl, and pour 1 cup apple juice over apples. Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap; fold back a small corner to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool 15 minutes. Prepare recipe as directed, sprinkling apples over brown sugar mixture before rolling up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads