OK, not much flavor. Won't make a again. Blueberry Cheesecake recipe is 5 stars in comparison.
HOWARD L. PUCKETT
Tip: Mix crust ingredients in springform pan, then press to form crust.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 489mg
- Calcium: 162mg
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 cookie squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 pecan half (optional)
- Flowering mint sprig (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; toss with a fork until blended. Press crumb mixture into bottom of an 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Combine cheeses, cornstarch, and salt in a large bowl; beat at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Gradually add maple syrup; beat well. Add egg whites; beat just until well-blended.
- Preheat oven to 525°.
- Pour half of cheese mixture into prepared pan, and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Top with remaining cheese mixture. Bake at 525° for 7 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 200°, and bake 45 minutes or until almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven, and let cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Garnish with pecan half and mint, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Maple-Pecan Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, New American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Cheese
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes for Desserts