- 1 (7- to 9-pound) bone-in spiral ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Garnishes: orange wedges, fresh rosemary sprigs
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham in a roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 45 minutes or until heated through.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add syrup and next 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Remove foil from ham; brush syrup mixture over top of ham and between slices. Bake 15 more minutes, brushing occasionally with pan juices. Garnish, if desired.