This was absolutely delicious. The sauce was amazing!!
Maple-Mustard Glazed Chicken
The tangy-sweet flavor combination of this sauce will work equally well with chicken thighs or pork. Serve with hot cooked rice and steamed haricots verts or a tossed green salad.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 264
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 39.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 337mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Add chicken to pan; sauté 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add broth, syrup, thyme, and garlic to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add vinegar and mustard; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan, and spoon mustard mixture over chicken. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Place pan over medium heat; cook mustard mixture 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy, stirring frequently. Serve with chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine