Southern Living MARCH 2008
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan, and bake, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
2. Whisk together syrup and next 3 ingredients; remove and reserve half of syrup mixture. Add remaining half of mixture to a large, shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag. Trim steak, if necessary, and add to dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning once after 4 hours.
3. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
4. Cook reserved half of marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
5. Place steak on a lightly greased wire rack in a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Broil 6 inches from heat 8 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Spoon sauce over steak, and top with toasted pecans and blue cheese.
Go to full version of