Maple-Mustard Broiled Steak
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Other: 8 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (1-lb.) flat iron steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan, and bake, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Whisk together syrup and next 3 ingredients; remove and reserve half of syrup mixture. Add remaining half of mixture to a large, shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag. Trim steak, if necessary, and add to dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning once after 4 hours.
- 3. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 4. Cook reserved half of marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- 5. Place steak on a lightly greased wire rack in a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Broil 6 inches from heat 8 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Spoon sauce over steak, and top with toasted pecans and blue cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This