Maple Mashed Squash with Candied Pecans
Serve this delectable squash as an alternative to sweet potatoes.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (4-pound) butternut squash
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 7 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Microwave squash on HIGH 2 minutes to soften. Cut in half. Peel squash; remove and discard seeds. Cut squash into 1" squares.
- Cook squash in water in a large Dutch oven 30 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Combine squash, 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons syrup, maple flavoring, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Cook pecans, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium skillet over medium-low heat 7 minutes or until syrup caramelizes and pecans begin to brown; cool in a single layer on a plate.
- Sprinkle pecans over squash. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This