Amazing. Doubled the cinnamon, used 3 apples, and add a little extra butter. My family devoured it this morning.
The soothing aroma of fresh oatmeal makes this dish the ultimate comfort food. Savor happiness in a bowl with the flavors of brown sugar, cinnamon, and maple syrup topped with chopped hazelnuts and apples.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 358
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 226mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Cooking spray
- 2 Gala apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, chopped
- 1. Bring milk and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- 2. Coat a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Place hot milk mixture, apple, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours or until oats are tender.
- 3. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; top with maple syrup and hazelnuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note