this is one of my favorite dish... its delicious :)
Maple Grilled Salmon
The sweet-sour marinade is cooked down to a syrupy glaze that's brushed on the salmon as it cooks. The citrus and maple flavors would also be tasty with pork. Garnish fillets with orange slices, if desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 270
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 31.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 216mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add fish. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours.
- 2. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- 3. Remove fish from bag, reserving the marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 5 minutes).
- 4. Place fish on grill rack or pan coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness, basting occasionally with marinade. Remove fish from grill; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes