Maple-Glazed Turkey with Gravy
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 5 cup(s) chicken broth
- 14 pound(s) turkey
- 6 cup(s) dressing
- 21/2 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 3 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 3 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsely, sage and thyme
- For gravy:
- Toast flour in large skillet over medium-high heat until pale gold, stirring constantly, about 7 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add butter and whisk until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Gradually wish in broth. Bring to boil over medium heat, whishking frequently. Reduce heat; simmer until gravy is reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 30 minutes. Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- For turkey:
- Preheat oven to 325 . Rinse turkey inside and out; discard any fat in neck and main cavity. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Fill neck cavity loosely with bread dressing. Fold skin over and secure with skewer. Fill main cavity loosely with bread dressing. Place turkey on rack in large roasting pan. Tie turkey legs together to hold shape. Tuck wings under turkey. Brush turkey with 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup broth into roasting pan.
- Roast turkey 3 hours, basting with pan juices and adding 1/2 cups to pan every 30 minutes. Mix maple syrup, ginger and 1 tablespoon melted butter in small bowl; bursh over turkey. Continue to roast turkey until thermometer inserted into innermost part of thigh resigers 180 F, about 15 minutes longer.
- Transfer turkey to platter. Tent with foil and let turkey stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scrape pan juices and anya browned bits from roasting pan into 2-cup measuring cup. Spoon off and discard fat from surface of juices. Add juices to gravy. Add herbs and bring to simmer. Season gravy with salt and pepper.
- Serve turkey with dressing and gravy
- 10 servings
- Bon Appetit
- Nov 1996
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SarahChupungco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note