Very easy, and the sauce is amazing! I had guest admiring these for days. The combination of the sweetness of the glaze with the salty smokiness of the bacon made an ideal combination for the light scallops.
- 12 bacon slices, cut in half
- 24 large sea scallops (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Partially cook bacon in a large skillet. Wrap each scallop with 1 half slice bacon. Set aside.
- Bring syrup to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, until reduced to 2/3 cup (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in butter and next 3 ingredients.
- Thread bacon-wrapped scallops on 12 (10- to 12-inch) skewers; brush syrup mixture over kebabs. Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Place kebabs on rack; grill, covered with lid, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done, basting often.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Maple-glazed Scallops Recipe at a Glance