Very easy, and the sauce is amazing! I had guest admiring these for days. The combination of the sweetness of the glaze with the salty smokiness of the bacon made an ideal combination for the light scallops.
To prevent scallops from rotating, use 2 skewers for each kebab.
Yield: 6 servings
- 12 bacon slices, cut in half
- 24 large sea scallops (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Partially cook bacon in a large skillet. Wrap each scallop with 1 half slice bacon. Set aside.
- Bring syrup to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, until reduced to 2/3 cup (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in butter and next 3 ingredients.
- Thread bacon-wrapped scallops on 12 (10- to 12-inch) skewers; brush syrup mixture over kebabs. Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Place kebabs on rack; grill, covered with lid, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done, basting often.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Maple-glazed Scallops Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes