Maple Glazed Salmon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Le Cellier, Canada Pavilion, Epcot
- Serves 4-6
- Candied Pecans:
- 2 oz. pecans, shelled, pieces
- 2 tsp. whole butter, unsalted
- 1 tbs. apple juice
- * ½ tbs. turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- * pinch kosher salt
- 8 3-oz. salmon pieces (scales removed, skin on)
- 2 fl. oz. canola oil
- 6 oz. cleaned watercress
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. candied pecans
- 8 fl oz. maple glaze
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Maple Glaze:
- 7 fl oz. maple syrup, pure
- 1 tbs. honey, orange blossom
- 2 tbs. brown sugar, light
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch black pepper, fresh ground
- Preparation for Pecans:
- 1. Heat butter in a small saucepan over a medium high heat, until it just starts brown. Immediately add pecans stirring continuously. Stir 5-7 minutes until pecans are toasted.
- 2. Once pecans have toasted, add apple juice stirring constantly. When nearly all the apple juice has been reduced add the sugar and keep stirring until the pecans have been well coated, take caution not to burn the sugar.
- 3. Once pecans are well coated, turn out on to a cooling tray are all spaced apart to even cool. Allow pecans to completely cool in a low humidity environment. Reserve for salmon.
- for Glaze: Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and heat over low heat. Heat just long enough to incorporate all ingredients and for sugar to liquefy. Remove from heat and reserve warm for salmon.
- for Salmon:
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 425º. Place watercress in lightly iced water, to rinse and refresh. Remove from iced water and completely dry in salad spinner or between paper towels, set aside.
- 2. Remove any moisture from the salmon pieces by lightly using 1/4 of the canola oil. Season both sides of the salmon with kosher salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1.5 ounces canola oil in large heavy bottomed non-stick frying pan, large enough to accommodate salmon pieces without overcrowding, over medium high heat. Ensure that oil is evenly coating bottom of frying pan. Once the oil has just began to smoke carefully place the salmon pieces in the pan, skin side down, and lower heat to medium. Cook salmon on skin side until skin is evenly golden brown, turn salmon over and repeat. Remove salmon from pan and blot on paper towels to remove any oil or fat.
- 3. Transfer salmon to baking pan with raised sides, and drizzle each piece with half of the maple glaze, place in oven and bake until desired doneness. Time will vary depending on the thickness of salmon, average 5-10 minutes.
- 4. While salmon is baking, toss watercress with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange watercress on four plates. When salmon is done place two pieces on each mound of watercress, drizzle with maple glazed and sprinkle with pecans.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LCherry and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Maple Glazed Salmon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes