Maple-Glazed Quail With White Bean Ragout
- 4 (4-ounce) dressed quail
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/3 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- White Bean Ragout
- Maple Brown Sauce
- Remove breast and back bones from quail; set quail aside.
- Sauté onion in a nonstick skillet over low heat 10 minutes or until browned; add sugar and mushrooms, and sauté until tender. Stir in vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Spoon into quail cavities, and secure with wooden picks. Tuck wings under, and place, breast side up, in a buttered 2-quart baking dish. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until done. Serve over a bed of White Bean Ragout; drizzle evenly with Maple Brown Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes