Maple Glazed Baby Carrots with Pecans
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) "baby cut" carrots
- 1 3/4 cup(s) canned reduced sodium beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) Grade B maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted, coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- In a 12 inch skillet, preferably nonstick,heat the butter over medium heat. Add the broth, maple syrup, salt and pepper;increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover tightly and cook for 6 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the carrots are tender and the liquid reduces to a glaze, 12 to 15 minutes.(the carrots can be prepared up to 2 hrs ahead, kept at room temperature. To reheat, add a qtr cup water and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the carrots aqre hot and the water evaporates, about 5 mins.) Stir in the pecans. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve immediately.
- Note: Grade B maple syrup,available at most natural food stores, has a robust maple flavor and works well in the recipe. The maple flavor in Grade A syrup is subltle, but you can use it, if you wish. Maple flavored pancake syrup, which is not true maple syrup but artifically flavored corn syrup, is too sweet for this recipe.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NicoleP717 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note