Maple Date-Nut Oatmeal Breakfast Squares
A perfect make-ahead breakfast treat, these maple date-nut oatmeal squares can feed a crowd or be frozen for another day. Serve with hot coffee or juice.
More From Health
Bake: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 132mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring slowly with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- 3. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan, and spread evenly.
- 4. Bake 25 minutes or until just golden brown around edges. Cool and cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note