I transferred the wings onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and poured the extra marinade overtop, rather than discarding it. I baked them for 40 minutes, turning half way, then poured the reserved marinade over and baked an additional 20 minutes. They are very gooey, and deliciously rich. Next time I'll add extra pepper flakes to kick up a bit more heat.
Maple Chicken Wings
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place wings in a large plastic zipping bag; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients. Reserve one cup for basting; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour remaining marinade over wings, turning to coat. Seal bag; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade. Place wings in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, basting with reserved marinade, until golden and juices run clear when pierced.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers