Bacon coated in a thick maple syrup glaze is the ultimate breakfast indulgence.
Sunset MAY 2001
1. Line two 10- by 15-inch baking pans with foil. Lay bacon slices side by side on foil.
2. Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until bacon edges begin to curl, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Set a rack inside pan against bacon to hold in place; tilt pan slightly and spoon off and discard fat (see notes).
3. Pour syrup evenly over bacon.
4. Return to oven and bake until bacon is deep golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
5. With tongs or a wide spatula, lift bacon from pan and set in a single layer on a rack over paper towels. If bacon sticks to pan, return to oven just until maple glaze softens, then remove from pan immediately. Let cool until crisp, about 5 minutes.
Young children need adult supervision when spooning fat from pan. Prepare bacon through step 3 up to 1 day ahead; cool, cover, and chill. Uncover and bake in a 350° oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand at room temperature up to 1 hour.
Go to full version of