Bacon coated in a thick maple syrup glaze is the ultimate breakfast indulgence.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 318mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 16 pieces thick-sliced bacon (1 1/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1. Line two 10- by 15-inch baking pans with foil. Lay bacon slices side by side on foil.
- 2. Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until bacon edges begin to curl, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Set a rack inside pan against bacon to hold in place; tilt pan slightly and spoon off and discard fat (see notes).
- 3. Pour syrup evenly over bacon.
- 4. Return to oven and bake until bacon is deep golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- 5. With tongs or a wide spatula, lift bacon from pan and set in a single layer on a rack over paper towels. If bacon sticks to pan, return to oven just until maple glaze softens, then remove from pan immediately. Let cool until crisp, about 5 minutes.
Young children need adult supervision when spooning fat from pan. Prepare bacon through step 3 up to 1 day ahead; cool, cover, and chill. Uncover and bake in a 350° oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand at room temperature up to 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note