Maple Butter Roasted Chicken
From Country Living
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 stick(s) unsalted butter
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 TB maple syrup
- 1 TB chopped fresh thyme plus sprigs for garnish
- 3.5-4 lb chicken, whole
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 TB salt
- 1TB freshly ground pepper
- Oven pre-heat to 400. In small bowl, mix together butter,maple syrup and chopped thyme. Set aside
- Place chicken in roasting pan and stuff cavity with lemon and thyme springs. Slide hands under skin to loosen. Spread half of the butter mix between skin and flesh. Rub remaining butter mix on top of skin and season with salt & pepper.
- Roast chicken until thermometer reads 165. About 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let rest 10-15 min. before carving. Garnish with thyme springs
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Maple Butter Roasted Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes