Maple-Brined Chicken w/ cranberry-apricot chutney
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) whole black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 cup(s) ice cubes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup(s) frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup(s) sliced dried apricots
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- For the brine, heat water, syrup, salt, brown sugar, bay leaves, peppercorns, and cinnamon stick in a large pot over high, stirring until salt and sugar dissolve, 2 minutes. Off heat , stir in ice to cool.
- Add chicken to the brine; cover and chill at least 4 hours. Remove chicken from brine, rinse, and pat dry with paper towels. Season chicken with pepper and coat with nonstick spray.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Cook chicken in 2 batches until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165, 5-6 minutes per side.
- For the chutney, simmer the cranberry juice, cranberries, apricots, sugar, salt and pepper flakes in a saucepan until syrupy, about 10 minutes. Serve chutney warm or at room temp.
- Nutri info: 272 cal; 3g total fat; 78mg chol; 792mg sodium; 31g carb(2g fiber, 27g total sugars); 29g protein; 1mg iron; 28 mg calcium
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dpygrl01 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Maple-Brined Chicken w/ cranberry-apricot chutney Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes