I used boneless chicken breasts instead. It took much longer than 5 min for the sauce to thicken. It was good and I would make it again.
- 8 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- Side dish: Saffron Rice Pilaf
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt, paprika, and thyme.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm. Reserve liquid in skillet.
- Whisk peanut butter into reserved liquid, and boil over medium-high heat, uncovered, 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened; spoon sauce evenly over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note