These were so EASY! The potatoes were done in 10 minutes and they were beyond delicious. In my honest opinion, you don't even need to add the bacon...of course we did anyway. ;) Perfect for any weeknight meal.
Maple Bacon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Photo: Mary Britton Senseney/Wonderful Machine; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Sodium: 351mg
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 1/4 ounces cooked and crumbled bacon (about 3 slices)
- 1. Pierce each potato with a fork 3 to 4 times on each side. Wrap each potato in a damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half; scoop pulp into a bowl. Mash pulp.
- 2. Stir butter, milk, and syrup into potato pulp. Top with bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables