This recipe was good, but not as good as I expected. Not as much maple/apple flavor. Next time I will increase the maple syrup and marinade the chicken longer than 30 minutes.
Maple-Apple Chicken Breasts
Be sure to use pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup, for a richer maple flavor.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 284
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 39.6g
- Carbohydrate: 22.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 282mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon light stick butter
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered, and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine chicken and next 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and marinate chicken in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and set aside.
- 3. Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add apples; sauté 4 minutes. Add reserved marinade, salt, pepper, and cinnamon; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until reduced slightly. Return chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This