Maple, Apple, and Cheddar Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 5 cup(s) thinly sliced peeed apples (5 medium)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded white cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
- 6 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) toasted chopped pecans (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 375. Prepare pastry for a double crust pie. On a lightly floured surface, slightly flatten one portion of dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie pan or plate. Ease pastry into pie pan without stretching it; set aside.
- 2. For the filling, in a bow, stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add apples; toss to coast. Add cheese and 4 tablespoons of the maple syrup; stir to combine. Transfer to pastry-lined pie pan. Drizzle with cream.
- 3. Trim pastry even with edge of pie pan. Roll the remaining dough into a 12-inch circle. Cut slits in pastry. Place pastry circle on filling; trim pastry to 1/2 beyond edge of pie pan. Fod top pastry edge as desired. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent over browning.
- 4. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 20 minutes more or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Brush with the 2 tablespoons maple syrup. If desired, sprinkle with pecans. Cool for 1 hour. Serve slightly warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Maple, Apple, and Cheddar Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts