This tasted good, but there was a ton of butter sauce left over. It seemed like a waste of butter.
Maple- and Ginger-Glazed Acorn Squash
- 1 cup butter, softened and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until blended.
- Cut squash lengthwise into quarters. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Spread half of butter mixture on squash. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Stir together remaining butter mixture, orange juice, and vinegar in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until butter melts; brush on squash. Bake 15 minutes or until squash is tender and golden, basting occasionally with butter mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Maple- and Ginger-Glazed Acorn Squash Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor, Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Winter, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables