Prep: 38 minutes; Cook: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Freeze leftovers in individual portions so each serving can be quickly reheated in the microwave. Microwave frozen manicotti, uncovered, at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until hot, rotating every minute.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 41.8g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 868mg
- Calcium: 433mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions (about 6 onions)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 (26-ounce) jar garlic-and-herb pasta sauce (such as Healthy Choice)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat over to 350°.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 3. While pasta cooks, combine 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, spinach, and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Drain pasta, and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking; drain. Spoon spinach mixture evenly into pasta shells (about 1/3 cup filling in each).
- 4. Spoon 1/2 cup pasta sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed pasta shells over sauce in dish; top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella, remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, and parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note