- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions (about 6 onions)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 (26-ounce) jar garlic-and-herb pasta sauce (such as Healthy Choice)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 367
- fat 10.3 g
- satfat 6.3 g
- protein 28.5 g
- carbohydrate 41.8 g
- fiber 5.2 g
- cholesterol 43 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 868 mg
- calcium 433 mg
How to Make It
Preheat over to 350°.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While pasta cooks, combine 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, spinach, and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Drain pasta, and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking; drain. Spoon spinach mixture evenly into pasta shells (about 1/3 cup filling in each).
Spoon 1/2 cup pasta sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed pasta shells over sauce in dish; top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella, remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, and parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes.