Manhattan Sweet Potato Mash
A potato masher, usually handy, isn't necessary for this recipe that was inspired by a classic cocktail. When roasted in their skins, the potatoes' flesh will be soft enough to mash with a spoon or fork. Prep: 20 minutes; Bake: 1 hour 10 minutes.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, washed and unpeeled
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon sweet vermouth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Dried cherries, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 425º. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake at 425º for 1 hour or until soft. Let cool; peel. Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Heat cream and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted. Add cream mixture and remaining ingredients to potatoes. Mash together with a spoon or fork until liquid is absorbed.
- 3. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until warm. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note