Easy and fast to fix, not to mention good. So we have added it into our regular dinner rotation!
Serve with Glazed Baby Carrots and Wilted Spinach with Fresh Chile. Here we riff off the flavors of a Manhattan cocktail, which is traditionally made with rye whiskey or bourbon, maraschino cherries, and orange rind. For less of a bourbon kick, boil the bourbon in the sauce for a minute before spooning over the chicken.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 17 Minutes
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 36.3g
- Carbohydrate: 23.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 412mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup cherry spreadable fruit (such as Polaner All Fruit)
- 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Glazed Baby Carrots
- Wilted Spinach with Fresh Chile
- 1. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Place marmalade, cherry spreadable fruit, and soy sauce in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until very thick, stirring frequently. Add butter, stirring to combine. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon. Spoon glaze over chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note