Mangoes with Pistachios
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 112
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Protein: 1.2g
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 cardamom pods, hulled
- 2 tablespoons roasted, salted pistachios
- 3 firm-ripe mangoes (about 2 1/2 lb. total)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-grated or ground nutmeg
- 1. Crush cardamom seed in a mortar and pestle (or smash with flat bottom of a heavy glass).
- 2. Add pistachios and coarsely crush (or mince).
- 3. Cut or pull peel from mangoes and discard. Cut mangoes lengthwise, along each side of pit, to remove fleshy cheeks.
- 4. Slice fruit. Also slice remaining fruit from pit and discard pit. Arrange fruit on a platter.
- 5. Drizzle mangoes with honey, then sprinkle with cardamom mixture and nutmeg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This