Mango Upside-Down Gingerbread Cake
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
- 2/3 cup fresh mango slices (about 1 large mango)
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Arrange mango slices in 3 rows in pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over mango. Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together granulated sugar, egg, and molasses with a wooden spoon. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir into molasses mixture. Add water and remaining 1/4 cup melted butter; stir well.
- Spoon batter over mango slices.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Serve sweetened whipped cream with warm cake. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Tip: If fresh mango isn't in season, check the produce section for sliced mango in a jar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts