- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup sliced peeled mango (about 1 medium)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- Frozen fat-free whipped topping (optional)
- calories 271
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 4.2 g
- carbohydrate 44.1 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 276 mg
- calcium 86 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and ginger. Arrange mango slices spokelike over the brown sugar mixture; set aside.
Beat granulated sugar and 5 tablespoons butter at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until well-blended. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Place a plate upside down on top of cake. Invert onto plate. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.