This salsa is great! It is light and easy. The ingredients are almost always in my kitchen during the summertime (since I'm such a huge fan of guacamole) so it was nice to chop everything up and throw it together. It can be eaten with chips, tossed on top of a salad, or you could just eat a big spoonful for a quick snack. The sweet taste of the mango and bit of sugar goes really well with the hint of jalapeno. I will certainly be making this recipe again!
Mango and Tomato Salsa
This more substantial twist on traditional salsa works as an appetizer with tortilla chips or as a topping for grilled chicken or shrimp.
CAMP TIP: Cut and cube the mango at home and stash it in your cooler.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 50
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 199mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups cubed ripe mango
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño chile, minced
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Tortilla chips and/or grilled chicken
- Mix first 9 ingredients together. Serve with tortilla chips or spoon over chicken.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note