- 4 thick bacon slices, diced
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (9-oz.) package fresh spinach
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
Sauté onion in hot drippings 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Add vinegar, lime juice, and honey; cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
Place spinach in a serving bowl. Add warm vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Top with mango, queso fresco, and bacon; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.