Mango Shrimp Kebabs
These fresh-flavored kebabs are a great option for entertaining.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 277
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 35.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.1g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 551mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with salt and pepper. Thread shrimp, bell pepper, mango, and onion pieces alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Squeeze juice from lime wedges over kebabs.
Skewering small chunks of food on wooden sticks or thin metal rods is a grilling tradition. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using them on the grill or they'll burn, and discard them after use. Metal skewers can be reused and require no soaking.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note