More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Sodium: 415mg
- 20 chicken drumettes, skinned
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 thinly sliced serrano chiles
- 1 (9.6-ounce) can mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Add water to a Dutch oven to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a simmer. Place chicken in a vegetable steamer. Place steamer in pan over water; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Steam, covered, 10 minutes. Remove chicken from steamer; cool. Pat dry.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Add cilantro and sliced serrano chiles to pan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat; transfer chicken mixture to a large bowl using a slotted spoon.
- 3. Bring mango nectar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime juice and kosher salt. Drizzle mango mixture over chicken mixture; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note