Totally flavorless! The picture looked so yummy but the sauce is too thin and isn't baked into the chicken so it never really gives it much flavor. This recipe makes a huge greasy mess, takes forever and doesn't taste like much. Would probably be better to use the broiler and baste the chicken with the sauce.
If the skillet gets crowded, brown the chicken in batches.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Sodium: 415mg
- 20 chicken drumettes, skinned
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 thinly sliced serrano chiles
- 1 (9.6-ounce) can mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Add water to a Dutch oven to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a simmer. Place chicken in a vegetable steamer. Place steamer in pan over water; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Steam, covered, 10 minutes. Remove chicken from steamer; cool. Pat dry.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Add cilantro and sliced serrano chiles to pan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat; transfer chicken mixture to a large bowl using a slotted spoon.
- 3. Bring mango nectar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime juice and kosher salt. Drizzle mango mixture over chicken mixture; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note