I made one batch of this recipe as written and one without the jalapeno and with only 1/8 tsp red pepper. They were both superb. This recipe makes a medium salsa that is both sweet and spicy, and the mild version was great for the kids. People who don't care for mangoes still loved the salsa, and it was the perfect compliment to Mango Macadamia Chicken. It tastes great on chips too. Tip: I had never cooked with mangoes, and I had some trouble selecting ripe ones and dicing them (cut them kinda like a pineapple). If you're not familiar with mangoes, this article may be helpful: http://homecooking.about.com/od/howtocookbasics/ss/cutmango.htm
- 2 ripe mangoes (about 1 pound), peeled and diced*
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir together all ingredients; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- *1 (26-ounce) jar refrigerated mango slices may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mango Salsa Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers